DMA – an award winning service design agency focused on the public and community sectors
DMA has been working with private, public, community and volunteer organisations to design and deliver better services for people for over a decade.
What matters to us most is:
- Making a difference to people’s lives through services that may or may not even be noticed by them – for all the right reasons.
- Creating change that is needed and that makes things better.
- Bringing together a range of voices and disciplines who can make things happen – not just talk about it, but do it.
- Designing services that not only meet user needs but the needs of the organisations and governments who deliver them.
We’re a small-and-proud business with a core team made up of service designers Justin Barrie and Mel Edwards, who work in direct collaboration with clients, and can call on, an extensive network of design and business professionals within Australia and internationally.
Our focus is working with clients to connect:
- Strategy – because it’s critical to have a strong and meaningful strategy connecting the what, why and how of an organisation.
- Services – because they should be designed to engage for great experiences and effect the best organisational outcomes; connected to strategic aims, and to the people that deliver and use them.
- People – because systems and processes don’t make things happen; people do.
Though we love people just getting in touch to talk about what they are trying to achieve we understand that in the public sector appropriate procurement processes are critical for engagement.
To make it easier for you to engage our services, we are available via the following Federal panels:
- Australian Tax Office (ATO) Research Services Panel (14.155)
- Department of Employment Research and Evaluation Services (RES) (SON3352211)
- Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) Digital Marketplace
Where we work
DMA’s office and work is based on the country of the Ngunnawal people, as such we would like to acknowledge the Ngunnawal people who are the traditional custodians of this land on which we work and pay respect to the Elders of the Ngunnawal Nation both past and present.
E. email@example.com A: 22 Darambal Street, Aranda, 2614, ACT.
Who we are
Justin is the Founder and Principal at DMA and he is obsessed with supporting organisations of all shapes and sizes commit to a defined strategy and back that up with services that are designed to make a difference for people.
Since founding DMA in 2003 there aren’t many large public systems in Australia that Justin hasn’t had something to do with. DMA has worked with clients in the fields of taxation, policing, ICT, scientific research, environment, agriculture, defence, water management, human services, health, sports, industry development and local government.
Beyond the CV, what’s Justin really like?
Get in touch with Justin
Mel is Co-Principal at DMA. Her passion is turning what really matters (to people and business) into what really works (for people and business). She firmly believes the best and most meaningful way to do this is through design thinking and service design practice; practically applying creativity in the business context for practical outcomes.
Mel has worked in a variety of organisations applying her design expertise as strategist, practitioner and capability builder with a variety of organisations – both public and private sector – insurance, industry and governing bodies, taxation, ICT, human services, defence, transport, local government.
Beyond the CV, what’s Mel really like?
Get in touch with Mel